back

feb 2020

Corekees

Corekees is a foundation which makes it possible to invest in a greener world. They do this by planting trees in regions where aren’t enough anymore. Trees that capture a lot of CO₂ from the air and produce oil which Corekees sells. As a consumer, you can buy Corekees' trees. The profit of the oil floats back to you which causes you to make profit with your investment and compensate your CO₂ emissions. You could read more about their proposition on their website: corekees.com.

My graduation project at Corekees was the last project for my Bachelor's degree Communication and Multimedia Design. Together with the target group of Corekees I designed an easier check-out process and an optimized after-sales experience.

🧐 Question
“How can we encourage the target group to invest in trees?”

👩‍💻 Approach
The main problem was that there wasn’t given a lot of attention to the website previously. This caused the information provision to be unclear, and the check-out process to be inconsistent. Also, the after-sales experience was missing. There was no possibility to stay up to date about the trees, which was a wish of the target group. Enough work for me to dive into!

After the project I visualized the designprocess in the visual summary below. I divided the project into sprints and I made sure to involve stakeholders in every sprint.

Sprint 2, 3 and 4 were about the last three phases of the experience map (below) I created based on research out of Sprint 0. Every Sprint was based on another phase in the purchase process, which ensured me giving attention to every phase and creating a smooth experience.

A challenge I bumped into was to let the check-out process correspond with the technical possibilities of the web environment. Therefore I made a flowchart, which made it a lot easier to create an overview of the check-out flow and to communicate it with the developer.

Throughout the process I made sure to involve stakeholders such as the target group, the organization and design experts to validate my design-decisions and to make sure I was going the right way. I organized co-creation sessions, conducted interviews and set up expert and user tests.

💬 Answer
In the end sprint 2, 3 and 4 resulted in a validated lo-fi prototype. In the final sprint I combined those lo-fi prototypes into one final hi-fi prototype. The final result is an optimized check-out flow and an online dashboard-environment in which the customer could follow their trees.

The (clickable) prototype can be found behind this link.